Webinar on Role of Faith Leaders in promoting Peace, Tolerance, and Inclusion
When : 5th August 2023|
Where : New Delhi
Type of Event:
“Peace is not merely the absence of conflict, but also requires a positive, dynamic participatory process, in which dialogue is encouraged and conflicts are resolved in a spirit of mutual understanding and cooperation”. This was professed by the UN General-Assembly, in its resolution 72/130, which declared 16 May as the International Day of Living Together in Peace, as a means of regularly mobilizing the efforts of the international community to promote peace, tolerance, inclusion, understanding and solidarity. The Day aims to uphold the desire to live and act together, united in differences and diversity, in order to build a sustainable world of peace, solidarity and harmony. Sphere India would like to commemorate " International Day of Living Together in Peace " through a panel discussion to make deliberations on how to promote reconciliation to help to ensure peace and sustainable development, by working with communities, and faith based leaders.
With this background, we are desirous of learning from the vast experience and we look forward to your favourable consideration in being a panellist in the Sphere India Academy's upcoming Panel Discussion on "Role of Faith Leaders in promoting Peace, Tolerance, and Inclusion" | 18thMay 2022 | 4.00 pm to 5.30 pm. This session will cover the following areas broadly:
- Analyse the keys to success of an inter-faith dialogue as a mechanism for resolving humanitarian conflicts.
- Understand how religious leaders can be mobilized to facilitate peace and inclusion at local levels.
- Identify the possible threads between FBOs and Disaster Management Agencies to discuss on ways to approach stigmatised concepts like the hesitations around the uptake of COVID-19 Vaccinations.
- How can Faith Based Leaders act as a bulwark against Public Health Emergencies. The role of appeals and messages by state level faith leaders and how effective are they in achieving pragmatic objectives.
- Identify the attitudinal and behavioural changes relevant to promote peace, tolerance, inclusion, understanding and solidarity across communities and Faith Based organisations.